"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, August 2, 2010

Gettin' Sketchy with Polka Dots

I have always found the sketches from Get Sketchy to be very creative and intriguing, but I rarely get a chance to make a card for their challenges...not sure why other than I have too many other things going on.  The sketch this week is no exception and when I saw it I was determined to make a card for the challenge.  When I saw the CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers to use polka dots my idea started to take shape.  So, I got up this morning, pulled out my PTI Dotti Biscotti pad, picked out the Raspberry Fizz dots and got to work.  I used this fun little pleating detail that Nichole shared on her blog during a PTI release last year.  It is super simple, but packs a punch.  For my card I added the extra detail of punching one edge with my SU! Scalloped Edge punch.  Finished it off with some PTI's Raspberry Fizz double stitched ribbon, CTMH's White Daisy ink and some Kaiser pink rhinestones.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts - Thoughtful Messages.

Thanks for taking a peek.... enjoy your day!

Supplies:  PTI Kraft cardstock; Dotti Biscotti pp; PTI Raspberry Fizz ribbon; Ink:  CTMH White Daisy; Kaiser Rhinestones; SU! Scalloped Edge punch

3 comments:

Elise said...

This IS so completely darling! I'm LOVING the kraft and the polka dots, your use of that sketch and EVERYTHING! What a super card, sweet Rose! XOXOXO!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! I love the design and wonderful colours. You're right, that pleated detail really does pack a punch! Thanks for the link, I'll have to have a look!

Anita Rex said...

What a great take on that sketch! Love it!