"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Two Challenge/Two Card Post

I have two cards today for two different challenges.  I don't really like to do these kinds of posts, but I also don't really want to do two separate posts, either.

My first card is for the current JUGs challenge #57 to make a fabric flower.  Actually the uber talented Dana challenged us to make a burnt edges flower, but I don't own the type of fabric needed to do that technique.  I did recently buy this super cute fabric from Stampin Up! so I made a flower using the directions that came with the package of fabric.


My second card is for the current Waltzingmouse sketch challenge #21.  While I was trying to figure out what I was going to do, I remembered that I had these cute little paper bags... perfect for a tag.  I dug one out and got to work. 



Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Kraft; Gina K. Spruce & Rocket Red; Stampin Up! Baja Breeze; PP:  October Afternoon Thirft Shop; Kaiser clear rhinestones; SU! Scalloped Edge punch; Stamps:  WMS Very Vintage Christmas & Vintage Labels 4; There She Goes Bloom; PTI Vintage Labels; Hero Arts Canvas Stripe; Ink:  SU! Riding Hood Red & Handsome Hunter; PTI Vintage Cream; Candy Cane Stickles

8 comments:

Lin said...

Those little bags make a perfect pocket! Love how you frosted yours up!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhh cutey cute cute! Love your SU fabric flower...so sweet the way it has all those loops of fabric...very 3-D. Your WM card is adorable too! You sure know how to work Claire's beuatiful stamps! Thanks so much for playign with Just Us GIrls this week!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are soooo awesome!!!

Barb said...

Rosie! These are so fun! I adore your beautiful fabric flower! And that sweet, little bag makes such a cute pocket! Wonderful cards!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwwww both are sooo sweet!!! Love the second one with the pocket :) beautiful job!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the little brown paper bag for your pocket, looks great! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!!

Alice said...

your paper flower is so pretty, Rosemary! and your second card is very cute. love the little bag!

Elise said...

Oooooooowwww dear! You HAVE been busy! LOOK at that amazing flower creation! It's SCORCHING hot: I'm in LOVE! That Dana can be quite the inspiring creature! {Hee Hee} But YOU, my sister, are inspiring in your own right! That lil' bag = genius! Such great pieces in this ONE lil' post! YOU are AMAZING!