"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 1, 2012

Much Appreciated...

Hello, friends!   Happy Friday!  Have a card I made using my Taylored Expressions May Key Ingredients kit.  The kit came with these fun little canvas resist flowers and some sweet little buttons.  For my card I used two of the flowers and two of the buttons, as well as cardstock and patterned paper from the kit.  I like how the card turned out, but honestly it is one of the busiest cards I think I have ever made!  There are a whole lot of patterns going on!   The layout is another lovely sketch provided by Chupa and her really fun Sketchbook Saturday sketch challenge.  I used some ribbon from the KI kit to create the little ruffle at the bottom of the sentiment strip.   The flower was created by using Ranger's Distress inks in Chipped Sapphire and Barn Door.   I then sprayed the flowers with Perfect Pearls Mist (Pearl color) to soften up the flowers and allow me to shape them a bit.  I threaded some bakers twine through the buttons before adhering them as you see.  The leafy branches were die cut using my TE Leafy Branch die.  I distressed the edges of everything a bit for a slightly shabby look.  I'm going to be putting this card into the current TE Key Ingredients Subscriber Challenge (my first time participating!).


Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  All supplies except for the bakers twine are from the May TE KI kit; Stamps:  TE Love Grows Here Set 


12 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Yes I have to agree it is busy!
Distressing the edges, takes your eye away from the bg and polka dot leaves, so you can have a brief rest before you are pleasantly assaulted by the ruffled ribbon and twine bows.
It is a lovely card; sometimes it is a delightful change to see a card with such energy.
Smiles:)
Sue

~amy~ said...

Love the colors and patterns!

Taylor said...

Pretty card! Love how you ruffled the ribbon!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love all the dp Rosi. How are you?

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love the mix of patterns on this card and the pop of yellow on the sentiment panel draws my eye in! Gorgeous!!

Catherine said...

I love all the different papers in this, so pretty.....

Jenny said...

I really love all the patterns together and the primary colours look so fresh with the green as well :0) fab card Rosemary.
Jenny x

Greta said...

Wow--doesn't look like what I expect to see you make, but I really like it! Even though it's busy everything flows together. Love the pp!

Michelle said...

ooooh...I love this! the pattern papers work so well together! Lovely flower and ruffled ribbon!

Robin K. said...

It's busy but it works Rosemary!!!

Nona said...

You honestly can tackle so many different styles and make them work so well. This card is such a great example of your talents. The patterns and layering was done beautifully!

Elizabeth Allan said...

So many pretty accents so artfully placed!