"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 25, 2013

pti may blog hop...

Hello friends!!  Happy Saturday!!  I have a card to share that I made for this month's PTI blog hop.  Each month I tell myself that I'm going to participate in the PTI blog hop and then the 25th of the month arrives and I haven't done a thing.  This month I was determined to get a jump on things and get my card made in advance and I did... YAY!!   This month the challenge is to use one of the yummy color combos that Nichole put together and I decided to go with the combo of Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise & Ripe Avocado and put together this little number:



Inside of Card
I was cruising around the blog-o-sphere one day and stopped at the blog of the wildly talented Linda McLain and my jaw dropped when I saw this card.   She used a newly released MFT Die-namics die call Chicken Wire and I knew that what she had done with that die would word perfectly with PTI's cover plate dies because of the similarities between the dies.   Following Linda's instructions found here I cut a piece of cardstock 4 1/4" by 5 3/8" and then scored the cardstock at 5 1/2".  This leaves a 1/8" piece to attach the die cut front to the back of the card.  The front piece was die cut using the Quatrefoil cover plate and then attached to the Ripe Avocado base using 1/8" Scor-Tape.   Then I got to work die cutting and stamping all the floral images using PTI's Cutting Garden stamps and dies.  The patterned paper is PTI's Bitty Dot Basics in Hibiscus Burst and Orange Zest.  I finished off the outside of the card with some Summer Sunrise saddle stitched ribbon and a few gems.   The interior of the card was finished with additional die cut, some Hibiscus Burst bitty dot paper and the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by...

32 comments:

andie smith. said...

i love how you used the coverplate & your flower bouquet is so pretty! love your card!

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty! I love how you added the ribbon and tied the bow over the stems-- fabulous!

Marcia Hill said...

How beautiful! I love how you made the coverplate look like a trellis for the flowers...very nicely done! :0)

Nancy Penir said...

This is a stunner! Love the open weave and the blossoms 'climbing' . Thanks for sharing the tutorial how to's. will definitely be trying this. Happy hopping!

Barb said...

WOW!! Stunning card, Rosie! Love the effect from that wonderful die! Fabulous use of that color combo too!

Christine said...

That die is beautiful! A fabulous card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Jacquie Southas said...

Wow - love the open "lattice" - beautiful card!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is absolutely stunning.

Martha said...

FABULOUS...FABULOUS...FABULOUS!
I love it, Rosemary!

karen h said...

Beautiful! Love the peek through to the inside - and the inside is wonderfully decorated too!

Cindy H. said...

What a lovely card - inside and out!

Marlena M. said...

I love the intricate cuts here Rosemary~gorgeous elements and bow too!

samantha's cards said...

this is stunning!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty, love the inside as well. Well done!

Greta said...

Clearly I needed your help to add the pinks from this color combo--love your card, Rosemary! Fabulous design & details, as always!

Jen said...

oh, wow. i LOVE it! this is fantastic!!!

Nerina said...

Soooo pretty! I love the delicate open trellis work, mixed with the vibrant intensity of your colours - such a great combination! This stamp set has been calling my name and your card pushes me ever closer to that edge :0) Beautiful!

TLady said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE just have SOOOO MUCH TALENT!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOVE that lattice work too!!!!!!! :)

Debra Miller said...

So lovely!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, I love the colors you chose to play with! Beautiful bouquet!

DF said...

A stunning bouquet! Love how full it is.

craftmates said...

beautiful card! the inside is lovely too.- Irma

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
What a Palette!!!Almost playful but a bit more grown-up, but no less active. The intensity of the warm vivid Orange and Pink juxtaposing your cut trellis highlights the mid-tone Avocado on your Bg,this creates drama, while the White lightens the mood. Flamboyantly beautiful.
Smiles:)
Sue

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Rosemary, love the Quatrefoil background.

Malika said...

its a very beautifull card. and the colours are fabulous

liefs Malika

Kristi said...

Gorgeous card! Love everything on it! I have the quatrefoil cover plate and haven't used it yet! You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Rosemary, the trellis works so brilliantly with the blooms ... such lovely colours! Anita :)

bjmartin said...

Cool use of the cover plate! I love how it looks like a trellis!

LEG Studios said...

Gorgeous! Love the open panel!

Darnell said...

This is sherbety wonderful, Rosemary, and that open die is brilliant! Thank you for the link and the "how to!"

Deepti said...

I missed this one and its awesomeness :) love it :)

Nat said...

reminds me of a beautiful Summer garden, totally love the pink and orange combo! :)