"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 15, 2013

life is a journey...

{For my Penny Black Stamp Squad Blog Hop post click here or scroll down}

Hello friends!!   Hope all is well in your part of the world!  Have a little card that I made for a couple of challenges, Less is More:  Hexagons and CAS(E) This Sketch.  I received a slight knuckle rapping from Chrissie for last week's LIM card.  My transgression?  I used paper piecing!  I have to admit I was a bit surprised that she took me to task (in a nice way!) for the paper piecing because it is pretty much flush with the card base and in my estimation does not necessarily constitute a second layer.  But to each his own, lol!!  


For my card today I decided to use my distress ink and a honeycomb background stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I inked up the background with Wild Honey distress ink, laid the cardstock on top and then pressed lightly.  The piece was then trimmed down and the edges distressed a bit.  I punched out the circle, stamped the sentiment (from PTI's YOF: Gladiolus) in black and tied the twine around the piece.  Once that was done I adhered the piece to the card front using foam dimensionals.  The punched out piece was then adhered flush with the card base.  A little bee from a  old Cornish Heritage Farms set was stamped using Scattered Straw distress ink, trimmed out and adhered with a pop dot.  Some Diamond stickles was applied to the wings and I was done.  A very faithful interpretation of the CTS sketch, don't you think? 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplied:  PTI Rustic White cardstock; Ink:  Ranger Wild Honey and Scattered Straw distress inks; Memento Tuxedo Black; SU! 1 3/4" circle punch; May Arts twine; Diamond Stickles; Stamps:  PTI, ODBD & CHF

16 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Oh my, you received a little bit of a blurb did you, how sad is that, LIM does not constitute CAS I would not have thought, and I will have to agree with you on this one re the paper piecing; it does not constitute as a second layer. Whatever..... your card was delightful and so is this one, you appear to have a couple of layers here as well, hope it passes muster for you this week otherwise you may be cast out!!!!!
Smiles:)
Sue

Chrissie said...

All is forgiven Rosemary... didn't mean to be mean last week!
This one is as gorgeous as ever; that background look fab and the bee looks so delicate!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so beautiful Rosemary, I like it a lot!

Love
Maarit

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So clever, love it

Greta said...

Absolutely brilliant, Rosemary! That background looks incredible & I would never have thought to have it be what shows behind the cut-out--love it!

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the subtle honeycomb ...looks good enough to eat (started another diet so everything that is food oriented is looking good to eat at the mo hee he) and that bee looks like its just popped through the opening fab take on the challenge! x

Anonymous said...

Just lovely, Rosemary, the hexagon stamping is so texture-y and touchable ... looks brilliant with all the dimensional elements! Anita :)

Deepti said...

This is a lovely card :) in fact I would have never thought of using these colors, this looks awesome

Angelnorth said...

Lovely textural looking background stamp and the bee is fab - great job!

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous! I just love how you have followed the background through the whole card.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Martha said...

So glad Chrissie has forgiven you! Ha! (I agree with your theory.)

Love your FUN hexagon card! Great background & design, Rosemary!

Jen Nelson said...

ive made the same mistake so many times rosie

fabulous card

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Canonbury creations said...

Looks almost edible Rosie, love the twine:) Hope you've recovered from your telling off:)
Val x

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary I love the chicken wire background! Wonderful card.

Viv said...

Soooo gorgeous Rosie, love that cute bee and the fabulous honeycombing. I agree with you about the paper piecing too he he :) Viv xx

Michelle said...

lovely stamping, as always!