"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 13, 2013

thanks bunches...

Hello friends!!  Happy weekend!  Wanted to say thanks to everyone who wished me a speedy recovery from my migraine.  Thankfully it was gone by the next day.  Now.. on to my card for this week's LIM challenge.   This week the challenge is the one layer challenge and to add a bit of a twist Chrissie and Jen have asked us to make a one layer card that is not square or rectangular.


I don't know about you, but I have a lot of different dies.  Many of which would work for this challenge, but I decided to use one of my favorite set of Spellbinders dies, Label 21.  Not sure why, but I just love the shape of that set... kinda reminds me of an old fashioned keyhole.  Next step... picking out the stamps to use.  I settled on one of my Penny Black stamp sets, Fancy Flowers (30-123).   I die cut my card and then stamped the image I chose using Memento Tuxedo Black.  The image was then colored with Copic markers (E33, E37, E39, V12, V15, V17 & YG03.  To ground the image I added a bit of grass and then finished the card off with the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Stamps:  Penny Black Fancy Flowers; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic markers

26 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Rosemary, very beautiful card, i like the shape for your card and the colours, beautiful job!
A warm hug from the melted island.

Anonymous said...

Great shape you have chosen for your card-and i love your flower tree-fits perfectly :)
Best wishes,Nessa xx

jintyoo7 said...

So pretty, and that is a lovely shaped die :)

Glad your migraine has gone - YAY!

Chrissie said...

I have this set too, but didn't think of using it for this challenge, after seeing yours I think maybe I should have. It looks awesome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Darnell said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Rosemary! Your use of that die for your card shape, along with the images is so inspired, Rosemary! It's so, so pretty!!

Jen W. said...

That really is a cool die shape and that gorgeous tree stamp fits it perfectly!

Loly Borda said...

BEautiful shaped card! Love that tree image and the way you colored it. TFS

Nat said...

lovin this card Rosemary! this stamp works so well with the die cut shape. fab combo! glad you are feeling better :)

Greta said...

I love that die every time I see it & wow is that the perfect shape for this card! Beautiful way to use that flower stamp, Rosemary!

Rika said...

Pretty card, love th shape!

Jenny said...

I never thought of it as a keyhole.... Yes it does doesn't it :0)
Brilliant shape for a unique card and I love the image you chose to use too.
Glad your free from your migraine now :0)
Jenny x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love shaped cards and yes you are right many dies are great to do this...thanks for sharing
bibiana

Kathyk said...

This is a delightful card and a super shape

Kathyk

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic shape, love the gorgeous image too!!!

G Peplow said...

Migraine is the pits, I'm so glad you're feeling better Rosemary :D Fab card, pretty shape and your tree fits beautifully into the shape :D Gay x

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Rosemary, love the shape ... we have keyholes like it! Pleased to hear you're feeling better! Anita :)

GinaA said...

It is a very stylish shape and the embossing around the edge stops it from being too flat, I normally forget to do something like that and it just gives that card an edge (pun intended), great image and stamping.

Robin K. said...

Glad your migraine disappeared quickly:). I absolutely love the shape of your card! That image is so pretty!

Martha said...

What a DARLING card, Rosemary!
I love the stamping & the shape.

Ruth said...

Beautiful card - I love the shape

Canonbury creations said...

Such an unusual shape Rosie, I love the way your tree fits it so well!
Val x

Deepti said...

Love the shape and ur stamping :) I like te colors and how u grounded the image with grass :) beautiful

Cheryl said...

Such a great shape for the LIM challenge. So pretty!

Jen Nelson said...

wow i love it rosie

Sorry for my late visit.
Thanks for joining us this week x
Jen
"Less Is More"

Viv said...

Oooh I love this one Rosie, just fab! Glad you are feeling better now too :) hugs Viv xx

Michelle said...

Oh, so very sweet! Cute scene!