"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

happy birthday, dear friend...

Hello friends... Hope your week is going well.  I have been having a busy one getting my oldest up early and off to a summer school program and then the little one off to his vacation bible school.  Honestly... I'm looking forward to the week being over!  Anywhoo... have a card today that I made using the current color combo from Dynamic Duos and the layout from Sketchbook Saturday.


I went really CAS with my take on the sketch because I wanted to keep the focus on the image that I used... a gorgeous Penny Black flower (4313J - graceful). I almost went with a Penny Black butterfly image, but decided against it... really glad I did!  I stamped the flower on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored it with Copic markers (RV21, RV23, RV25, Y11, Y13, Y15, & Y17) and then trimmed it out.  The patterned paper is from Stampin Up!.  I'm not entirely sure that it is Daffodil Delight, but I think it is the perfect background for the flower.  I added a thin black border behind the patterned paper before adhere it to the white cardstock piece to provide a bit of contrast.  A fishtail flag was die cut and the sentiment (a portion of a sentiment from the transparent set 30-164 - edge to edge) was stamped also using Tuxedo Black ink.  Everything was adhered to the card base and I was done.  Love how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & black; Stamps:  Penny Black; Ink:  Memento; Dies:  My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax; Copic markers

16 comments:

Brenda said...

That's such a beautiful flower Rosemary and I just love the pop of colour!

craftieodmae said...

Super gorgeous girl!!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! Love the big, bold flower!

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Rosemary...another beauty! I love the beautiful flower, Your CAS cards are Awesome!!
Hugs

Canonbury creations said...

Wow that gerbera really pops Rosie, love the color combo:)
Val x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
The Flower is beautiful and elegant and certainly holds it's own, aptly named by PB; graceful, as it is all of this.
Gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Deepti said...

lovely, I especially love the subtle shades of color :)

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous card... I have that stamp.... You have made a gorgeous card......
Hugs Sylvie xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful flower Rosemary! Thank you for joining usu this week at Dynamic Duos!

Greta said...

Great card with one incredibly beautiful flower--wow! The background is perfect, too!

Susan (rainy) said...

Love this gorgeous creation. Your fussy cutting on the flower is perfect.

judkajudi said...

Beautiful flower, CAS but bold, too!!

AB. said...

Gorgeous! Love the bold gerbera against the subtle background.
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Nat said...

another beauty, PB sure has some wonderful flower stamps. Actually the one PB stamp I own is a bouquet of flowers I should dust it off and play along with you!! awesome card, love your style :) Have a great weekend :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Such a scrumptious dimension on this card, YUM-O!!

Lisa H. said...

such a pretty card. love that flower you used and the dimension you added. so great.