"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

PTI September Blog Hop...

Hello friends... it is a wet, wet day here in my corner of the Pacific NW!  Another day to stay inside and craft... hopefully I will get the chance!!!   Last month I wasn't able to play along with PTI's monthly blog hop so was determined to participate this month.  Managed to make a clean and simple little card last night. 



This month's challenge is to make a project with a wreath on it.  I don't have any PTI wreath stamps, but I did have an idea that came together rather nicely once I got to work.   The twiggy wreath is a Memory Box die that I cut twice from PTI's kraft cardstock and then layered together.  The flowers are from the PTI set Bigger Blooms.  Since it is now fall I went with a fall color scheme of pumpkin orange, rust, soft yellow, olive green and light green.   After die cutting and stamping all the flowers and leaves I created some texture on the background cardstock using my trusty piece of burlap and my Big Shot.  And then roughed up the edges a bit for a more rustic feel.  The wreath was layered on top and then the flowers arranged.  I finished off my simple card by stamping the sentiment inside the wreath using Rich Cocoa ink. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft and Rustic White; Bazzill dark brown; Stamps:  Bigger Blooms; Dies:  PTI Bigger Blooms, Memory Box bramble wreath die; Inks:  Stampin Up! So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Real Rust, Old Olive, Memento Rich Cocoa; Black Diamond Stickles

24 comments:

Michelle said...

Fabulous wreath, Rosemary! Love the twig die!

Barb said...

What a pretty, autumn wreath, Rosie! Looks gorgeous against that textured paper!

Martha said...

Hi, Rosemary! What a FABULOUS creation! I love the rustic look!
Beautifully done!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgoeus!!!! Love the wreath, different!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really beautiful card Rosemary, love the texture and your colours.

sentsue said...

Pretty! Love the torn edge.

StephH said...

Just beautiful! I love a rustic wreath and have been toying with getting that die. Yours definitely has an autumn feel. Great background piece too.

Jenny said...

A beautiful wreath in autumnal colours Rosemary.... Love it :0)

Shay said...

Love your rustic autumn wreath! The little touches make this a winner, Rosemary.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the texture - terrfic wreath!

stampwithsandy said...

Very pretty, Rosemary! Love your twiggy wreath!

joy said...

Very clever and unique card, Rosemary! I love the rustic feel of this pretty autumn card.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card! I love all of the texture you added!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous twiggy wreath, Rosemary, and so inspired ... the rich autumnal colours on the flowers are gorgeous! Anita :)

Shelly said...

Simply, beautiful!! :)

nancy said...

Great mix of texture and fall colors.

tonyamaries said...

Very pretty! That textured background is awesome!

Kristii said...

beautiful!!! Love the textured background and the wreath is perfect!!

Greta said...

One of my favorite cards! Gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful Rosemary.. Love the way the edges look!

karen h said...

Wonderful autumn card! I love the texture and distressing.

Annheidel said...

Lovely card! The kraft wreath looks just like grapevine, and I like how you placed the flowers.

Deepti said...

Ooooo soooo pretty, I missed this beauty :) absolutely love it

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, - love the rusticness :)