"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, January 31, 2014

a purple hello...

Hi everyone!!  Happy Friday... pretty excited for the Super Bowl this weekend since the Seattle Seahawks are playing in the big game... GO HAWKS!    Anywhoo... have a pretty plain and simple card that I made for a couple of challenges:  CASology and CAS(E) this Sketch


I started out with a different idea for this card, but gave it up when I realized it just wasn't going to work.  I really tried to make it work, but nope!   As indicated above the card is very simple and on the plain side... did try to perk things up a bit with some bling, though.  I used a Hero Arts background stamp on the purple cardstock, die cut the "hello" with a My Favorite Things die and the "friends" sentiment came from a PTI set.   I should have die cut the white cardstock piece and inlaid the "hello", but didn't think about that until I was done... oh well! 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & purple; Stamps:  Hero Arts & PTI; Ink:  Seedless Preserves & Dusty Concord Distress inks; Dies:  My Favorite Things; Rhinestones:  KI

13 comments:

judkajudi said...

I hope your team wins!! Love this CAS card ...

Anita in France said...

So rich and bold, Rosemary ... the bling is perfect with that majestic purple! Anita :)

Meg said...

I just love this card - so simple and vibrant.

donna mikasa said...

Great take on the sketch, Rosie! Love that shade of purple, too. Is that the Seahawks' color? Enjoy the game!

walchowDesign said...

Simplicity at it's best!

Meghan said...

Hey! Welcome back! Love this diagonal treatment! We miss you!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hiya there! GO HAWKS! Yeah, tomorrow is big time around here!
Not so much in our household, though everywhere else! We even had Blue Monday at work, took an hour to do our "pool" and eat Go Hawks cake.

Thanks for playing among friends, love seeing you here, though I pop in your blog time to time - so good seeing you here!

Hugz Kimberly!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. Love how you used the purple. Love the bling around the sentiment.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card, love the purple

Greta said...

Love that background stamp & how you put this card together, Rosemary! Really an eye-catcher!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your CAS design, and your background is just perfect! Another beautiful card, Rosemary!

Michelle said...

Very lovely in purple!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty! Lovely take on the sketch!