"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, July 20, 2014

hello... friend

Hello!!  Our weather has turned gloomy, but not rainy... so very strange.  But with the change in the weather comes the opportunity for me to play along with some challenges.  I originally just had CASE Study and Color Throwdown in mind for this card, but I think it also works for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  Dots & Spots.



I don't often play along with CASE Study (in fact I think it has been at least two years since I last played), but I really liked the inspiration card and thought I would give it a try.  I CASEd the inspiration card fairly closely up to a point and then tried to put my own spin on it. While I love this style of card (the inspiration card) I have a hard time recreating it to my satisfaction.  I'm not sure why this seems so hard to me.. I love layering stamps, but for whatever reason I always end up feeling like what I have made is too carefully planned out and not so spontaneous as the inspiration card looks.  Something to work on, I guess!  I used two different sets from Clearly Whimsy StampsHappy Everything and Happy Hello.  Both sets are full of fun little images like the starburst that I used, as well as the chevron image.   All the inks are from Stampin Up!.


Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & kraft; Stamps:  Clearly Whimsy Stamps; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Washi Tape:  Stampin Up!

13 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

I think this turned out fabulously well!

Unknown said...

Ooh I love it. Great card xx

Joan Ervin said...

Love all the graphics on this beauty...sooo cool!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

walchowDesign said...

Your casing turned out beautiful especially with the colour combo!

Deepti said...

Love the fun and graphic design :) and the colors !

Nancy said...

Such a fun and graphic card, Rosemary! You used the soft colors perfectly!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this take on the inspiration card and love how you balanced the throwdown colors in this beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!!

Greta said...

Artistic & beautiful, Rosemary! Amazing how you can do so many styles expertly!

Unknown said...

Your card looks so great! i love the details and your stamping.
Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

Teresa Kline said...

hi Rosemary! fabulous design, I luv it! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...love the colors!
I sooo love the change in weather...it was just too hot!
Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

Anita in France said...

So cool, Rosemary ... all those graphic shapes are fabulous ... and all so perfectly placed! Anita :)