"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 15, 2015

love u...

Hello friends!!  Thanks so much for all the lovely comments you left for my AJVD post... it really made my day!  Yesterday I had a super productive crafty day (one of the most productive I have had in a long time!!) and I got four cards made!!  Two I can't post until next week so stay tuned!  The card I'm sharing today was the last one I made and I think my favorite of the bunch.  I will be posting this one to ColourQ and Freshly Made Sketches.



It is no secret that I love the Stampin Up! set Kinda Eclectic and that I love collage stamping.  So when I saw the new sketch from FMS I just had to use that set and create a little collage!  When I started stamping all the images I had stamped the sunburst image using the pale lavenderish ink (SU!'s Wisteria Wonder) and then light blue ink (SU!'s Marina Mist).  But once I had done the stamping I noticed how the lavender ink still remained firmly in the foreground... not the look I was going for and to be honest I wasn't expecting that would be the outcome.  So I switched the two and achieved a better result in my ink layering.  Live and learn, lol! I finished up by stamping the sentiment (from Altenew's Label Love) in the dark blue ink (SU! Midnight Muse) and then the butterfly in the dark pink (SU!'s Melon Mambo).  A few sequins were added for just a bit of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Smoky Slate; Stamps:  Stampin Up! and Altenew; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh clear; Punch:  Stampin Up!

23 comments:

K-Creatief said...

A very beautiful card,

Karin

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty collage cards ALWAYS make me smile!!
Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... the illusion of depth in the stamping is fabulous! Anita :)

Jen Brum said...

Great card! Kinda Eclectic is one of my favourite sets! Love the colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what great collage stamping, Rosemary!!! This is really beautiful!!! Love it a LOT!!!!!

Have a great day!!

Canonbury creations said...

Love your collage stamping Rosie a technique I have yet to master! The sentiment stamp is great it looks as if it's come from a labeling machine:)
Val x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Just fabulous!!

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful design, Rosemary! I love the way you pair unexpected items together. So striking!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!

walchowDesign said...

You always have the greatest design and this is no exceptional, Rosemary! I would never thought of combining leaves with butterfly but love how it turned out!

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning card, Rosemary! Love your layered stamping and your sentiment is just perfect...I really LOVE this card!

Brenda said...

I love this card Rosemary and the grey leaves stamped in the background look really stunning!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous! way to rock the colors :)

Claire said...

I love the way you perfectly layer your stamps Rosemary - the ink always seems to splurge together when I try it! This is a beauty - thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful stamping! Love the layered images! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, your cards are always so classy and so 'clean' looking.Sorry comments are late but getting to grips with a new 'puter argghhh! hugs Viv xx

Nat said...

such a beautiful soaring butterfly! lovin this gorgeous card!!! :)

Unknown said...

Love your card, great take on the FMS sketch. Karen x

Greta said...

Oh you & your collage stamping, Rosemary! This is just wonderful! 4 cards in one day--wow!

Hannelie said...

One day you must teach me how to do this! Love the collage thing but I just cannot do it!
Stunning creation!

Lisa Lara said...

Love your pop of color Rosi.

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous card Rosemary! You definitely made the colors rock...hugs, ~Silke~