"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 21, 2015

25...

Hey friends!  Are you curious about my blog post title?  Doesn't have to do with my age, lol, but with this week's CASology cue:  number.  Many directions you can go in... just check out the fun cards posted by the CASology design team.   Me... I went with a Christmas card.  A little over a year ago I got caught up in the excitement of getting a good online deal and purchased a bundle of BasicGrey 25th & Pine products from Peachy Cheap.  I mainly wanted the 6x6 pad of paper (which has not been used AT ALL!) and not necessarily all the little do-dads that came along with it.  Some of the do-dads have been used, but I still have many, many more patiently waiting to be put to some kind of purpose.  And now the wait is finally over for a few more... three in fact, lol!   As I used two shades of green (light and dark) and red I will be posting this to the current Merry Monday challenge, as well.  I didn't like the look of the pieces placed against the white cardstock panel so I die cut a label from red cardstock for the pieces to be layered on.  After those were attached I decided to add a little bow/clothes pin detail to the piece.  I should have taken the clothes pin apart and made it look like I used the whole thing instead of using the whole pin.  It would have resulted in a far less "lumpy" card.  Oh well... live and learn.  Not a lick of stamping on this card, either... but I love how it turned out!  I'm also adding this to Addicted to Stamps & More:  holiday. 

 

Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, Stampin Up! Real Red; BasicGrey 25th & Pine do-dads; Dies:  Stampin Up! label die, Avery Elle Dotted Elements; mini clothes pin, off white and red thin hemp twine
 

18 comments:

Diana K said...

Really love the simplicity of this one. Very festive!

Lisa Lara said...

oh so elegant Rosi. I love your focals all nested together.

Greta said...

Oh wow--you sure made good use of those do-dads!! This is one fabulous card, my friend--the red tag was a great idea!

Lisa Elton said...

This is simply delightful!!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful. Simple to the point and well executed!
Vanessa (also from the PacNW!)
www.wandrrblog.com

Karren said...

This is very cool! The red label makes everything pop against the white space!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rosemary!! I love your Christmas card. Its so pretty!!Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

Anita in France said...

Lovely, Rosemary ... those cute little Christmassy elements really pop against the rich red label! Hugs, Anita :)

craftieodmae said...

Very, very pretty!!!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, love the striking simplicity and the very CAS look of this beautiful card, Rosemary!!! Yeah for using some of those do-dahs so creatively!!!
Have a super weekend!!!

Canonbury creations said...

Love this card Rosie such a punchy effect with those embellishments!
Val x

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Rosemary! I love how you layered the elements and added the red label...it really makes the two-toned green numbers pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to Stamps!

Nancy said...

Another beautiful Christmas card! Love the pop of red!

Susan Powell said...

I love how you grouped everything together in a cluster and made the 25 the focal point - your card is awesome!!

Rahmat said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and CASlicious, love it!So glad to see you at ATSM.

Hannelie said...

Ah this looks fabulous Rosemary... thanks so much for sharing your inspiration at Casology!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Perfect!!! Loving all of it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Greta said...

Congratulations on the HM at MM! Well-deserved, Rosemary!