"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

celebrate...

Hey friends!!   Stopping in with another post... twice in one day... Yikes!!   I made this card for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge, as well as ColourQFreshly Made Sketches is celebrating there 200th sketch challenge and they have lots of prizes up for grabs.   When I saw the sketch a couple of ideas came to mind and one in particular that I just had to make.  Since this is a celebration of their 200th sketch I decided to create a card using that word and balloons.   I used the "camouflage" diecutting technique, but instead of stamping I used die cuts.  I was going to try the double die cutting technique (think that is what it is called), but I got frustrated trying to find a video for it and gave up.  Anywhoo... for my card I die cut the speech bubble border (from Lawn Fawn) from white cardstock and the balloons (from A Jillian Vance Design) from three of the ColourQ colors.  The balloons were adhered to the white cardstock piece and then the word "celebrate" (from A Jillian Vance Design) was die cut from that piece.  Two additional words were die cut from white cardstock and stacked in the negative place with the original one placed on top.  Another speech bubble border was die cut from grey cardstock and then adhered behind the first one slightly offset.  Initially I didn't have strings on the balloons, but after looking at it for a bit decided to add them using a black Micron pen.  Not a lick of stamping on this card, lol! 


 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, Stampin Up! Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana, PTI Lemon Tart, Simon Says Stamp Fog; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design and Lawn Fawn; black Micron pen

18 comments:

Karren said...

This is so much fun! Love that die-cutting technique and I really should use it more. Fabulous card!

Lisa Elton said...

No stamping needed on this one Rosemary, it's fantastic!! LOVE the camouflage die cutting and the shadow on your speech bubble!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oops...forgot to thank you for playing along at ColourQ!!

Linda Callahan said...

Fun balloons and I love how you incorporated the sentiment! Adorable card! So glad you joined in the celebration at FMS!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so sorry I've missed visiting your blog for a while...I love how you used the camouflage technique to die cut your sentiment and how you combined challenges with the colors of your balloons! Your speech bubble was such a fun idea and I love the light gray card base! Awesome card as always, Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

So fun, Rosemary ... the camoflaged sentiment hidden in the balloons is fabulous ... love the detailing around the speech bubble too! Hugs, Anita :)

Canonbury creations said...

Such an effective technique Rosie and I love how the its all mounted on the speech bubble!
Val x

Jen Timko said...

Love that inlaid sentiment...how cool! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

Martha said...

OH MY goodness, Rosemary, this is simply FABULOUS...FABULOUS!
I love EVERYTHING about it: colors, design, die-cutting technique.
YOU ROCKED the challenges!
It is definitely a WINNER.

Lesley said...

Clever, creative take on the sketch! Love it! xo

Deepti said...

What a clever and stunning design :)

Michelle said...

Awesome! Love your take of the FMS! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ, Rosemary!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card and cool design, Rosemary, love how you used this combo! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Kim S said...

Absolutely darling use of the sketch!! Love the speech bubble filled with balloons and that sentiment technique is fabulous. Thank you for joining us in celebrating 200 at Freshly Made Sketches.

Rita W said...

This is awesome!! I love the colors and the camouflaged die cut looks amazing. Thanks for joining us for our 200th sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderfully created, Rosemary! This is so festive & beautiful--love the look!

Macimbalo said...

Really gorgeous card!

Taunya Butler said...


Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! And WOW - this is amazing and the colors are just so spot on gorgeous and just a super great card!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com