"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, September 22, 2016

flower hugs...

Hello!!  Popping in with my card for the current Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge, as well as the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  Last week Ellen Hutson had a sale on all stamps on the website so I took advantage of the sale and purchased the Essentials by Ellen Mondo Peony.  I don't live too far from where Ellen Hutson is located and since they give you the option of picking up locally I decided that I would use that option.  So Monday morning I head up north to Issaquah, Washington and saw the place where everything happens at Ellen Hutson!  And the other day I got the chance to use one of those gorgeous peony images from Mondo Peony!  I stamped it in VersaFine Smoky Gray and then colored it with a light blue ZIG clean color marker.  I added a shadow around the bottom of the flower using ZIG markers in two shades of gray.  Once the image was completely dry I trimmed it down and adhered it to my card base.  The sentiment (from the Essentials by Ellen Lovely stamp set) was stamped on a strip of white cardstock and then some silver glitter cardstock was added.   I added a few loops of silver thread to the panel and adhered it down with the sentiment strip.  Simple, but I love how it turned out! 

Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, Ranger watercolor, white, silver glitter; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen; Coates & Clark silver thread; ZIG clean color markers

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Such an elegant card Rosemary! I think you nailed both challenges!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your big beautiful bloom!! How fun to get to pick it up!! Fabulous card Rosemary!!

maria f. said...

I would love this beautiful peony in my garden! Great layout for that stamp.

maria f. said...

Hey, congrats cover girl!!!

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty, Rosemary! You've certainly got the hang of the Zigs--looks totally professional!

Karren said...

Beautiful! So crisp, clean and elegant!

Lisa Lara said...

I just love your coloring on this beauty Rosi.

Anita in France said...

I love how it turned out too, Rosemary ... so elegant and beautiful! How fun to see where the magic happens at Ellen Hutson! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim S said...

Beautiful blue flower - love how you've kept the background so neutral to let the flower shine! The hint of glitter is a great touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.