"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 21, 2016

happy holidays...

Hello!!  Stopping by with a card that I made using the second November Viva La Verve sketch.  Finally my horribly neglected Verve stamps are getting some love!!  This time I used the super cute Holiday Treats stamp set. The patterned paper is one that I pulled out of my complimentary copy of  current issue of  Stamper's Sampler (they published a couple of my cards).  I love the soft color palette that was used and with the scattering of snowflakes thought it perfect for a holiday card.  For the large circular I used the PTI clock face die.  I purchased this die over a year ago and have never used it!! When I say the VLV sketch I knew immediately that I wanted to use it for my card.  To keep the soft look going my banners were die cut from vellum.  Then I threw in a little surprise by adding the pop of red.  Before stamping the sentiment in red I added some little snowflakes using a light gray ink.  I matted the sentiment with red cardstock and then added the red hemp twine and jingle bells to finish off the card.  I really like how it turned out.  Since I have die cutting on the card I think I will also add this to the current Happy Little Stampers anything goes with die cuts challenge.   Since my card is pretty clean and simple I'm going to add it to the current Paper Players challenge of clean and simple Christmas.

Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock: SU! Smoky Slate and Real Red, vellum; Stampington & Co patterned paper; Stamps: Verve; Dies:  My Favorite Things, A Jillian Vance Design, PaperTrey Ink; Ink:  SU! Real Red, SSS Fog; Hemptique Red; silver jingle bells

9 comments:

Karren said...

Oh this is so gorgeous! The pop of red and the vellum work so well together.

Greta said...

Congrats on more cards being published, Rosemary! I've never used the papers in Stampers' Sampler, but you've inspired me to get them out as I absolutely love your beautiful card! Again, you are so talented when it comes to using sketches--this is perfect! Really love the jingle bells embellishment!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card Rosemary! I like the vellum and your pops of red. Congrats on the publications!

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, this is so pretty! I love the pop of red, the vellum and the jingle bells! Congratulations on your publications! So happy you joined my CAS Challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so classy and beautiful, Rosemary! Such an elegant take on the sketch. Thanks for playing!

Anita in France said...

Soft and so very pretty, Rosemary ... love those red strung jingle bells! Congratulations on the double publication! Hugs, Anita :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

How lovely - the pale grey, vellum with the pop of red and cute jingle bells make for a perfect CAS card. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Greta said...

Well-deserved shout out at Verve, my friend!

Lisa Lara said...

So elegant and beautiful Rosi. I love the bells and silver and twine. The vellum is so elegant.