"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 3, 2017

thankful for you...

Hello!!  Hope your week is going well.  Things are hot, hot, hot here in Western Washington and along with all that heat we are unfortunately getting smoke from the wildfires burning in British Columbia, Canada our neighbor to the north!   Given the heat and the smoky air staying inside seems like a good thing right now.  So... I made a card!  When I saw the color combo at Color Throwdown I thought of my very neglected Sheltering Tree stamp set from Stampin Up!  I pulled it out and did a little stamping!  I used Stampin Up! Crumb Cake for the tree trunk and the swing and Stampin Up! Gumball Green for the grass and the tree.  After the stamping was done I trimmed down the panel and wrapped it with some light brown twine.  A panel of Crumb Cake cardstock was adhered to a card base and then the stamped panel adhered.  I finished things off by stamping the sentiment on vellum with watermark ink and heat embossing in white.  Die cut the sentiment with an MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die and adhered it to the panel.    I like the simple, rustic look of this card.   I have played along with Word Art Wednesday in a long time and since their challenge is always anything goes I think I will added there, as well.  It also works for the new CTS layout so I will post it there, too.



Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  White, SU! Crumb Cake, PTI vellum; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Inks:  Stampin Up! and VersaMark; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts; Twine:  Recollections

7 comments:

Greta said...

Love that twine & your stamping is gorgeous, Rosemary! I guess that BC smoke is what we have, too--really terrible air quality! Yesterday was 100 & we're at 97 right now, so indoors is the only option! Think I'll go make a card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is beautiful (always did like that tree stamp)! Your hot temps do not sound like fun! Such weird weather in so many areas of the world! Thanks for joining us again at Color Throwdown!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful tree Rosie and I love the sentiment on the vellum as it allows us to see all the stamped image. Our heatwave has disappeared and we've had loads of torrential showers with an average temperature of 68°. We are off to Spain next month where the temperature is averaging 110°!!! I hope it cools down by then x

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry abut the heat and smoke, that's no fun. But your card on the other hand is fabulous! Love the pretty little tree and swing!

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and so very pretty, Rosemary ... I can just image being on that swing in the shade of this lovely tree! Hope the weather cools for you soon! Hugs, Anita :)

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!