"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, January 5, 2018

butterfly shaker card...

Hello!!  Stopping in with a card for several challenges:  MFT sketch challenge and  Color Throwdown.    The color combo at Color Throwdown is black, gray and ivory and so I wasn't sure I was even going to play along.  Then my son told me that his teacher's father died over Christmas break and I thought those colors would be perfect for a sympathy card for her.  I decided to pair it up with the MFT sketch using the MFT Beautiful Butterflies stamps and dies.  It took a bit of planning to get everything to come together, but I think the time and effort were worth it.  Once I had finished the die cutting and stamping I had to take a little break and get a few things done around the house.  As I thought about the card I decided to turn it into a shaker with each butterfly being its own shaker element.   The shaker mix I used is one that has clear, white and silver seed beads, along with iridescent sequins.  I added in a few 4 mm black sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in keeping with the color theme.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts/Simon Says Stamp collaborative stamp set and was embossed in black on vellum, die cut with a MFT Slanted Sentiment Strip and adhered to the card.




Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Supplies: Cardstock:  PTI Rustic white; Stamps:  MFT; Dies:  MFT and AJVD; Inks:  SU! Smoky Slate, VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark watermark; Embossing powder:  Filigree black; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh; Sequin Mix:  Lucy's Cards

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous trio of shaker butterflies, Rosemary! Just love the photo staging too!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful shaker Rosemary! That tiny bit of color from the iridescent sequins is just perfect!

Greta said...

So unique & beautiful, Rosemary! I'm sure your son's teacher will be be touched & appreciative.

Nancy said...

Oh wow, Rosemary this is just beautiful!

Kathy said...

Rosemary, this is a really beautiful card..Your son’s teacher will be very touched by your famIly’s thoughtfulness.......So skillfully done!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful use of those colors and I love the shaker element! I'm sure your son's teacher will appreciate it very much.

Anita in France said...

Simply beautiful, Rosemary ... delicate and lovely ... such a special way to show you care! Hugs, Anita :)

Broni said...

What a beautiful sympathy card using our colors! Perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!