"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

mostly no stamping cards...

Hey there! I'm popping in with a couple of cards that I made using the Simon Says Stamp Kind Heart kit.  This kit is full of beautiful papers and embellishments from Pinkfresh Studio as well as two beautiful stamp sets from Simon Says Stamp and Simon Says Stamp ink cubes.  I made these two cards using one of the sheets of patterned paper in the kit and lots of puffy stickers plus some stamping on one of the cards.  Here is a photo of the two cards together.  I just love the puffy stickers from the kit.  There are also gorgeous epoxy heart stickers that I can't wait to use!  And the papers in the kit... gorgeous!!  Both cards are also posted in my flickr gallery as part of the current Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge of mother's day/flowers.

For the first card I trimmed down one sheet to fit a card front and adhered it to a white cardstock base.  I then adhered the flower puffy stickers so that it looked like they were attached to stems.  I finished the card by adding the sentiment (also a puffy sticker) that I popped up with foam tape.  The little bow was adhered along with some of the little hearts and I was done.   Going to add this one to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.










The second card was created when I realized that I should use the remainder of the paper.  I simply adhered the paper to a white cardstock base and then added the leaf puffy sticker.  I put some foam tape on the back of the flower and then adhered that an the little hummingbird.  I did things backwards (again!) and stamped the sentiment using the Simon Says Stamp Melon ink cube provided in the kit.  I should have stamped the sentiment before adding the puffy stickers, but things turned out okay thanks to my mini MISTI!  At the last minute I decided to add the little heart to make it look like an exclamation point at the end of the sentiment.   Going to add this one to the Time Out where they are challenging us to be wild... my wild is the hummingbird!



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  All Supplies are from the Simon Says Stamp Kind Heart card kit and come from Simon Says Stamp and Pinkfresh Studio



8 comments:

Lin said...

A great use of the contents of the kit, Rosemary! Love the way you used that striped paper to make it look like the stems for the puffy flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, these are just lovely! Looks like a terrific kit!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with the kit elements, Rosemary! That hummingbird is so sweet with the flower!!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Greta said...

That is a wonderful kit which you've shown with 2 great cards! Love how you put the elements together, Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... such lovely makes ... your little hummingbird is so delicate sipping at those sweet blooms! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

What a great twofer, Rosemary! Both designs are delightful, especially that sweet hummingbird! Thank you for taking TIME OUT to play! Hugs, Darnell

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful design, and I love that hummingbird. Thanks for sharing at Time Out.